Monday 16 January 2017

Time to go Pro

I have had an unexpected little success with teaching Gelatine Plate
Printmaking.

I must thank my friend Nush for the initial sharing experience, and
showing her how it works at the gorgeous Macadamia farm she owns.

It is easy mono printing without a press. It is much cheaper than the
commercially bought alternative.

Developing it into workshops, short demos and creating home made
kits to sell.

I even made cards and used them as a commodity to swap for produce
at a Crop and Swap. It just keeps on giving.

With unavailability of the first type of container, I have revamped it
and created new packaging.

A little disappointed as the first packaging was completely recyclable.

I've visited other Printmaking Facilities, and done it at Art Centres and
will attempt to do simple demo and sell at the next Mall Markets -
Sunset Sessions, Suitcase Forage.

 OK indulgent 'arty shot' - the beginning of a very productive day on the first
full day workshop I ran at Wallarobba Arts and Cultural Centre.
I love the old windows in the inking up room. 

 Plying my trade. 


 The kitchen is a factory. 


 Becoming more serious and buying ingredients in bulk. 

 Packaging Mark II.

 Showing the inside lining which is actual print cutouts pasted onto a foldable template. 

 What you get inside your kit: All the notes and info, your plate, a pack 
of goodies to print from e.g. feathers and leaves and more. 


 The inner lining. 

 It all fits inside a new Chinese food container, compact and portable. 

 The more charming original packaging. Sigh...

Bec at our art market stall. Girl was a success selling her Eco Wraps! (far left) 
My boxes of Gelli Plates are back right. Though they were static until I 
went upstairs and did a demo - then they sold like hot cakes plus back orders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment