Sunday 8 January 2017

Boredom continuum, continuum

Soon I hope to be fit again. Free of the niggly back and bruises.
Much to do.

More photos on my house wander. The accumulations of 35 yrs,
in one house added to by the inherited collections of two collector
parents.

They inherited collections too. Most heirlooms will stay. We are not
keeping everything, some will be sold, donated etc.

The same blue and white Asian food jar from the farm at Bathurst, probably, 
is also in the Rocks Discovery Museum. The painted china from my 
grandmother's sister, (Elizabeth) Charlotte Adlam.  

A photograph by Gordon of Sam, peers out from a Huon Pine antique kitchen dresser, 
chippy paint on the hinges, also a food safe at the bottom. 1930s crystal from an 
Art Deco light fitting and a Xmas decoration I gave to Mum.  

A more recently re-acquired artwork by Charlotte, that was found in 
the back of a cupboard and returned to me. 

 The artist ancestor, Charlotte, who painted watercolours and china.
I inherited most of her artwork, but before me, my Mother owned it
and she, myself and my two daughters are either creative or artists.

An antique fisherman's basket, and painted rock that became a symbolic funeral piece to 
lay to rest the loss of a mother for her dead child, my sister. So I named her 
Mikaela Liana and included her in Mum's children on the death certificate. 

Painted rocks by me, a big thing in the 70s/80s.


Sam and Bec, only probably 2 -3 here, however when Sam grew up 
at age 20 she would send this card to me from Venice.




Mask brought home from Venice, millet bunch from Millewa.

Chris' grandmother's lace cloth becomes a curtain. 

A pastel of mine of a Firework Grevillea. Antique tiles, and a rusted key from this property. 


One of Rebecca's sculptures from high school, she always did 
the most technically challenging things. 

The inherited steeple clock from my Mum, and the boy on the donkey from my paternal Grandmother. A sculptor's maquette, and a valuable Elwyn Lynn painting 
behind which has just found it's pride of place on the dining room wall.
  
A genuine aboriginal printed textile from Maningrida, and a family heirloom rocking chair 
from Great Uncle Ernest. Originally from the Bathurst family, painted an obnoxious 
orange in the70s. Painted to match my purple and orange paisley bedspread in my 
teenage bedroom. I must change that rocker to green. 

My artwork, 'Children of the world' sitting on top of  a spice chest made by a relative. 

Unearthing my artworks. 





Pretty in pink, an antique Balinese lady painting, lace for modesty, 
some offended, and a vase painted by Charlotte. 


I think rodents ruined my chicken fed basket. No matter - my cane and wire one is quite elegant. 

 Bobbie's balancing act.

Sentimental things of the kids, if they don't want them, photograph and let go.

Medieval goblets anyone? Perfect for banquets in castles. 

Pasta and gold spray - a childhood artwork by Samantha.

On of my art students makes these angels, I commissioned one for Mum, 
she loved angels and cherubim. 

No comments:

Post a Comment