Friday 7 March 2014

More Rosie

Well here are the promised pics. Sorry for the delay, I am a dinosaur and a technophobe,
and can't do anything computer for myself, and have to ask my children!

How embarrassing. However, I know a lot more than I used to.

It's a bit like - present an idea and see how many ways it can be translated. Different company
departments see it in different outcomes.

 I think originally I had to get across the idea, after seeing the artist's first rough designs,
that it was formal auto art, symmetrical and stylised. Whereas I wanted a free-form image,
with the car bonnet as a big canvas.


So I hunted down a more simplified Grevillea flower, that could be done more easily. I realised 
I had asked for a very complex thing. Grevillea Graphics is my company name. I am a travelling 
art tutor, I also am a general artist, printmaker, and writer. So the car is like my work vehicle.

 First efforts, developing artwork. Drove her out to a warehouse studio out all the way to Penrith,
going with my son Ben as Nav. Coming a lonnngg way home on the train.

 Now we're talking - more spray, more movement, 

The final result, more splatter, more! Interesting additional colours coming in. 
It looks a lot more in place on the car.


I like the job, especially the cool splattering effects, the colours. I just think that I'm not quite
as hip as I thought I was. It's a bit rebellious 'in your face', whereas now I think I like the more
stylish, sedate look. More me.

My husband said it will be a talking point around our area.

I need finer, more delicate tendrils, stamens? coming out, not a slap in the face with a phallic
octopus! It's my friend T's fault, he said 'that' word!

I am learning to love it. The rust will be kept at bay, it has a nice overall cover, not the sunburnt,
peeling nose that Rosie had before. Teenage boys like it.

The opinion is divided. So it was a very interesting exercise.

J-L did a fine job in a few days, and delivered it back as promised. His quote was fair for the
work. I had got to know him, and purchased his work before for my son, stencil spray portraits.

My daughters two boyfriends, are offering to loan me airbrushing equipment, so that one day
when I have some 'mythical' spare time, I can re-aquaint myself with the method and have a go
myself.

Maybe I can practice on some canvases first. Who knows, if I was any good, I too could spray-art
busty goddesses and tigers and fantasy dragons onto cars, trucks and bike tanks.

Career move hmm....


No comments:

Post a Comment