Friday 13 November 2015

Commission

Recently my friend Marilyn asked me to do an art commission for her,
as a collaboration between her and myself.

This is of her Tanka prose, and my illustration.

The pic is only designed to be simplistic, to enhance the poem. I decided
to make the child shown older, so as to travel better through the years, as
the little grand daughter, the recipient, grows.

These pics show the progress, and then the final artwork with added
changes.

This is it nearly finished, much more colour to go on and some changes to be added.

 The first rough, we made various changes.



So this is the finished work, a smile now on the girl, the shading of night sky done,
the moon more settled into the tree. the owl more part of the night sky.

Marilyn's lovely poem for her grand daughter.

Detail shot.

Little bees, one has his saddle bags full of pollen.

No comments:

Post a Comment