Monday 2 November 2015

A mini stay at Manly

I had a lovely short overnight and half day stay at Manly recently.

Very spontaneous, on invitation from my future son-in-law Gordon.

I felt a bit spoilt as I had dinner cooked for me, a quiet coast walk
in the early morning, and enjoyed my photography.

We went to a Bavarian cafe on the wharf, overlooking the water view
for breakfast.

Strolling back, I went into the gallery there and saw 3 interesting exhibits.

Returned home much more relaxed.

The view to the right on the coast near Gordon's house.

Lovely distant vista out of the heads, part of the middle of the walk.

Looking to the left, towards Manly Wharf, early morning light, around 6.30am

As surprise in the water, a whole cluster of small jellyfish.
Below - a closeup shot.

Wonderful rusted metal from an old wharf installation.

Terrific gum nut inspired ceramic art installation piece at Manly Gallery.

Detail shots.

Strolling back, bright sunshine now, a perfect warm morning. Thought a printmaking 
artwork from this could be interesting, nature vs man made bench. 
Link the sea blue and bench paint blue.

Just love these coastal honeycomb rocks.

Old floorboards meet new floorboards, and rainbow light from the louvres.

No comments:

Post a Comment