Saturday 9 February 2019

North Parramatta Heritage Area

A public and commercial tender is open, for the revitalisation of a vast
North Parramatta heritage area.

Around the Female Factory site, and sprawling along that section of the
riverside, is a village-worth of different era buildings.

Massive storms hit Parramatta the night before, and as I was nearly there
on a train, I was informed via phone call the site visit for interested parties
was cancelled.

I took a free shuttle bus out there anyway, did a walk around and took lots
of photos.

I started my trip wandering down from the railway station 
and past this historic church. It is in the main square. 

After 2 circuits on the free shuttle bus, I finally found my way to the area.

Through a gateway the storm damage is obvious. 





No comments:

Post a Comment