Saturday 12 November 2016

Newcastle day away

I had a great day in Newcastle with my friend CC. It was an early
start and the misty morning hadn't cleared yet as I travelled up by
train.

Though that didn't matter to me, as I knew often a morning like
that clears to a brilliant day - which it did.

The day before had rained. It wasn't allowed to this day, it had to
be clear as I don't see her often and we were both looking forward
to it.

I've seen the Hawkesbury in many of her moods, and I have done
lots of photos and art from it.

We walked and talked, and talked and walked. A short ferry trip
across to Stockton Beach and back for lunch, fish and chips of course.
Topped with Gelato for dessert, perfect.

I can't wait to go back.

 This was the misty morning view taken through a moving train's window

 The sun breaking through the mist and cloud. 

 Little houses dotted along the shoreline, water access only. 

 A blur but a memory. 

 Reflections and the mist is lifting. 

 Across the water from Newcastle, a short ferry ride to Stockton Beach. 

 The view to the lighthouse.

So it did turn out to be a beautiful sunny day, we walked so much 
and got quite sunburnt, in spite of hats and sunscreen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment