Friday 11 March 2016

Crop and swap

I spent a delightful Saturday morning with like minded people,
at Hornsby Council's 'Crop and Swap' session at Pennant Hills
Leisure Centre.

It was the first, so we were a bit tentative, and didn't quite know
how it worked.

After a welcome, and information on how to swap - we were away,
discussing and searching for the right matches.

I hadn't had a lot to harvest, but after an explanation on the broadness
of the theme, realised I might have a little more up my sleeve.

We had been rained out at the market night before, so my car was
still stocked, and I remembered some appropriate items.

Some greeting cards of Lisgar Gardens, and also some herb prints
in frames.

Soon I had swapped the cards for goods, and a lady there was also
interested in my herb art. We are still in negotiation.

Promising, as it is the first time those have been on offer. Another
lady who belonged to a craft cooperative also invited me to investigate
joining their group, as either a member or guest exhibitor.

So laden with a basket of wonderful local produce, greek basil, free
range eggs, local honey, rosemary and tomatoes I went home with a
smile on my face and a mind full of possibilities.

I went with a white theme of frame, and Bec added their names in pink script.
Seen here, Bergamot, and Chives, flowering. 
Seen here my contribution: hot Jalapeno Chillies, Parsley, Basil, 
and Lemongrass stems. all harvested fresh that morning.  

With the props of sacking, and in the old character hall it had good atmosphere.

Martha's great collection, I did swap her for Free Range eggs and Greek Basil,
she kindly gave me a huge bunch of Rosemary.


Sweet veg and flower seeds apron.
Margaret's  Guava fruit on offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment