Friday 24 November 2017

The selling continues

What a curious collection of goods, so diverse. Two major garage sales, lots and
lots of donations to charities along the way.

That old adage of one man's trash is another one's treasure. Both parents collectors
across many themes, and now realising I'm going to curtail my own collecting. I have
plenty, and we need to at this stage of life reduce.

Sometimes sold or given goods go to the perfect home, and are well appreciated. This
is a good feeling. It makes it easier to let things go, and I have photos anyway.

 Books are currently so hard to sell. Somehow I acquired over a 100 cooking books.
Managed to reduce to about 16. Aren't I good? Though the residue remains. Future plans of multiple yard sales when the car park is up, working weekends. 

 A very nice and well-framed oil painting, but not to my taste. A known name painter.

 This antique, after research, needs either a metal trim and clasp or a
crocheted top and drawstring. Though do I sell as is or restore?

 Lots of interest in this vintage horse tack. I tried to make a well-styled shot. Bob is such a poser. 

 Hand built Ikebana pottery vases. Japanese maker's marks. Still trying to sell. 

 Sold this very old, weathered hat box at market. An old department store paper for the lining. 

 Mulga Wood clock. Very retro kitsch. I collect Australian Mulga Wood, but have enough. 

 A few retro toys. 

 Old ceramic kettles, roadside finds. I do sell these free collectibles. 

 I'm not religious but have lots of pics to sell. 

 Sold this British vintage character doll. Tweed trousers, knitted woolen jumper, and hat. 

 Sold this Mammie doll, my old folding carpenter's ruler for size. Will keep ruler. Can be tricky 
as this type of doll can be seen to be a bit racist by some. 

 Antique dolls have dropped off the market for now. So packed away for a day in the future. 
There are some repro items and more current vintage in there that I have sold though. 
I've kept the cabinet. Bottom far left is my grandmother's doll, kept of course.
Next to her is a Shirley Temple doll.  

 A very large religious print in an original old frame. Should be liked by someone. 

 No problem selling all the old garden statuary, special pots or plants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment