Monday 17 April 2017

Method in the madness

This morning I bit the bullet, and finished weeding out the
mini Papyrus from the pond.

Although hard work, lots of bending, it was not as arduous
as I thought.

Each clump was gingerly pulled, and then inspected and
weeded, of any other weed or plant if needed. All are placed
in buckets of water for sale.

I have plenty for myself. They do multiply quickly. I'll just
have a simple, and smaller, water feature instead as the pond
was high maintenance.

A big push for this was to use the cavity for fill from my studio
site. Thereby 2 jobs at once.

 This spot is lower than the lawn alongside. 

 There is obviously a hole in the liner. It keeps draining, however, we have kept the plants alive. 

 I had already conserved two large containers for my own use. 


 Two large Tree ferns have sprouted in the corner by spore spread. They are now tall 
enough for me to walk under on my way to feed the chooks. 

 A few hours, and in one morning, working up to lunchtime, we are clear. 

 6 medium buckets for sale, and one very large one. 

 Only a boggy spot and a little water at one end. Will need to check for wildlife, but 
so far have found only Water Beetles. Many decorative pebbles will be recovered. 

 Mine are safe to one side, and the pot recovered, that used to be a hideout 
for fish years ago, and also the stand for the pump. 

 It is actually much deeper than this photo shows. I know it took a 
long time to dig out originally, in creating it.  

 What remains of the old pump, needs a new filter end. 
May still work but I have another new one. 

 The edge of the path reappears, I can pull away the liner now.

All plants ready in buckets of water, and a huge barrel filled full of weeds done too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment