Sunday 19 February 2017

Massive hail storm

Saturday saw a massive hail storm that seemed to come out of nowhere,
first just heavy drops.

By the time I realised it was going to be hail, it was so huge that there
was nothing to be done.

I would have been injured going out in that, and when I collected this
hail later could not believe the size or cruel jagged shapes of some
stones.

I realised my car of only a week was damaged.

To top it off the cat ate Chris' dinner, like a stealth cat right behind us,
up on a bench and we never heard a thing.

Last night eating dinner on our deck, I looked up and saw that the metal
awning was damaged as well. 35 yrs and nothing like this has ever
happened before.




2 comments:

  1. They are some seriously large hailstones Shelley! Hoping the car isn't too badly damaged :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well she's kind of peppered all over not deep just lots. Gordon is looking into buying the PDR machine to do it ourselves, and Bec's too.

      Delete